Friday, October 7, 2011

Welcome to My Life Without iPhone.

So today is the first day since I cancelled my AT&T service for my iPhone.

I've owned an iPhone since it was first introduced in 2007. I owned the original iPhone and later the iPhone 3GS.

I started this blog to record my experience living life without an iPhone. The reasons for cancelling my iPhone was that the $94 dollars I was paying AT&T each month had just gotten too onerous. My wife and I were both paying $94/month and as money gets tighter you reach a point where you stop and ask yourself: Do I really need to keep spending $188 just so that I can have the (albeit sizable) convenience of an iPhone?

That is the question I will be exploring as my adventure continues. At this time I'm planning to wait 6-12 months before getting another iPhone. Yes I believe I will get another iPhone. Honestly I love the iPhone. I love it a lot. It has been my constant companion for almost 5 years. Read more after the jump.

I'm planning to wait the 6-12 months to allow me to save some of the money I would have spent on monthly cell phone bills towards buying the new iPhone. Also now that three US carriers will have the iPhone (AT&T, Verizon and soon Sprint) I'm planning to use the time to watch how the carriers deal with having an additional player in the game.

Will Sprint's introduction into the iPhone carrier space have any sort of effect on the monthly pricing structures? Will the current state of the economy have any effect on the price of iPhone plans?

These are all things I'm wanting to wait and see. This blog however will really be about my experience living my day-to-day mobile life without ubiquitous internet, apps, google maps and the many other conveniences the iPhone has to offer.

I plan this blog to be very experimental. I don't plan to have a very strict structure. Posts will often be short and possibly be simply text messages.

In my next post I'll let you know what I'm currently using for cell service and what I've already experienced in just a short time without an iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment