Saturday, October 29, 2011

Sipping Sweet WiFi at Chipotle

I was supposed to start my first day of work at GameStop tonight. They were missing some paperwork and so I have been sitting in Chipotle for the last 2O minutes waiting for them to call me after someone brings them the right paperwork.

I've been spending my time browsing reddit. I sure do love that site. It always has the lost random but intestine content.

I don't know if it is because the users are like me or if the best stuff gets pushed to the front page but what ever it is it continues to delighted day after day week after week year after year.

I've also been spending my spare time writing on my iPhone. I guess it has to do with my lack of a cellular data plan.

I sad I was sitting at Chipotle and browsing reddit. The reason I can do this is because I am sitting close enough to the Starbucks to get their free wifi signal.

I live free wifi. I have found that with the exception of using my iPhone in the car the majority of time I would normally use my iPhone data I am actually in a wifi hotspot.

Whether I am at home, at work or near a free public wifi hotspot like a library, Barnes and Noble or Starbucks I always seem to be able to get a signal when I need one.

It makes me wonder if I will ever go back to subscribing to a 2-year contract for an iPhone.

My "No Service" iPhone 3GS may do be just fine as essentially an iPod Touch with VOIP functionality where ever I get a wifi signal.

In essence my cell phone becomes my backup device when I am outside a wifi area.

As time goes in I am finding that I may never go back to paying for an iPhone data plan and a two year contract.

No comments:

Post a Comment